Welcome to the Official Streets Of Rogue Wiki,
the Streets Of Rogue
reference written and maintained by players, for players.
Please feel free to contribute by creating new articles or expanding on existing ones.
|What Is Streets of Rogue?
Streets of Rogue is a rogue-lite about player choice, freedom, and anarchic fun, developed by Matt Dabrowski. The game takes inspiration from fast-paced top-down rogue-lites like Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne, and adds free-form, experimentation-driven, emergent gameplay elements of RPGs like Deus Ex.
Rather than taking place in a dungeon, the game is set in a functioning, procedurally generated city, where complex AI informs denizens from all walks of life, who are just trying to get by in their daily activities. In order to progress, the player will need to accomplish specific mission goals in any way they see fit through use of their special character traits, items, and the environment.
Streets of Rogue is currently available free at StreetsOfRogue.com
- Getting Started
- Tactical Strategies
- General Tips
- Play the game YOUR way! Don't want to kill anybody? That's cool! Want to hack computers? Got ya covered!
- Random world generation and TOTALLY EXTREME gameplay variety means you can play for 600 hours and not get bored! Seriously though, go outside!!!
- Super-advanced artificial intelligence that won't put up with your crap! Outsmart these virtual humans and feel superior to your computer!
- Play as over 40 types of characters (in the final version)! Bartender, scientist, hacker, gorilla -- hey, your job is probably in there too!
- Stupidly huge number of items (in the final version)! Shrink rays, hypnotizing devices, boomboxes, bear traps, food processors.. Oh, and guns too.
- 2-Player cooperative mode lets you brutalize goons AND loneliness!
- Throw a bacon cheeseburger through some guy's window! Just be warned, he might actually eat it.
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Feel free to register and join our user base by clicking here.
Not sure where to start?
Adding some content!
- Check out a few pages and see what they look like or what the source code for a pages is to get ideas, or visit the New to moderating page to get some suggestions.