The Goon is both a playable character and an NPC. The Goons are distinguished by their suits and sunglasses, along with a notable range of either dark or colorful hair.
NPC[edit | edit source]
The Goon is an NPC that you will find guarding buildings. They will either patrol in a room in a predictable pattern or stand still and monitor the area.
They can be armed with either a baseball bat, knife or a pistol; they may also be unarmed. Goons are rather low-class rapscallions, and as such they don't usually pose much of a threat – usually. Just don't underestimate them.
Playable Character[edit | edit source]
- As a playable character, make sure to stock up on ammunition and healing items before you tackle your Guard Duty.
- Your stats are somewhere in between the Soldier and the Gangster, being slightly balanced in the middle of the two.
- Despite not showing up in the Goon's trait list, the Goon starts with Blends In Nicely, and playing as a Supergoon upgrades it to Blends In Nicely +. Use such to your advantage when sneaking around.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Tips and Strategies[edit | edit source]
- How to fight: The Goon has good and respectable firearms and melee stats but focuses around firearms most of the part. You start with a pistol and a knife and also the Kill Ammunizer, but you should find some weapon mods or additional weapons in the run, when especially doing the goon's big quest.
- How to finish a mission: With the Wrong Building trait. You can avoid fights as trespassing in hideouts and some parts of some buildings only makes the owners annoyed instead of attacking you in sight if you don't want to kill everyone or waste too much resources when going for a stealthy approach, however you can use violence instead to solve most missions.
- If the Goon is moving in a predictable pattern, then you can simply walk behind them, while being somewhat careful.
- If they are standing guard, it is much harder to avoid the Goon. You may want to either try to befriend them (Hypnotizer Mark II or Mark I) or kill them.