They are unlocked by holding $300 at once in a run.
NPC[edit | edit source]
Investment Bankers can be found as generic Citizens in Uptown, wandering the level or in some buildings.
Unlocking[edit | edit source]
Here are some strategies to help you unlock the Investment Banker:
- Play as the Hacker. Gather up some money, around $100 or more. Find a building with slot machines. Then, using Laptop, hack the slot machines to increase winning chance. Then bet money (Betting $50 is the quickest) to gain $500.
- Since the people within the building will get angry, you might want to clear out the building to avoid being attacked while betting.
- Getting the Four-leaf Clover will increase chances of winning, so it could prove to be helpful.
Tips and Strategies[edit | edit source]
- How to fight: Your combat ability is above average but your health is only average. Use whatever you come across to fight just make sure you end fights quickly. You don't have time to get into fistfights with every Gangster you come across.
- How to finish a mission: Do whatever is fastest to complete your missions. You shouldn't waste resources if you don't have to but time is not on your side. Be quick so you can avoid Withdrawal.
- The main gimmick of the Investment Banker is Addict. With this trait, you will have to use drugs at least once per minute to avoid taking damage. Make sure to check on Drug Dealers to see if they have any good drugs to use.
- Stock up on drugs and Cigarettes while you can. Prices are cheaper in the earlier levels and Drug Dealers will become very rare once you reach Downtown.
- Using multiple drugs doesn't stack. Every drug used will reset the Feelin' Alright timer back to 60 seconds.
- If you're in a pinch, you can get a Syringe with a negative status effect, stand next to a toilet, use the syringe, and then use the toilet to immediately purge the negative status effect. Do note that this won't stop the effects of Sulfuric Acid, as it immediately inflicts 20 points of damage.
- Though all drugs work (Except for Cigarettes) to reset the counter, you should avoid most negative effects (Rage Poison, Cyanide Pill, negative Syringes, etc.) as you could end up taking much more damage than trying to find a good drug while on Withdrawal.
- Cigarettes will instead freeze the timer for 30 seconds.
- If you decide to poison a building through an Air Filtration System, you might want walk in so you can reset your counter.
- Withdrawal cannot kill you. You will stop taking damage once you reach 20 health.
- In Industrial, there are factories that are constantly spewing gas. Touching the gas will reset your counter, so the Gas Mask is a little less useful for the Investment Banker.
- In the Park, you can use the Water Pumps to create lakes that give a status effects. The lakes have unlimited uses, so you can save drugs by using a lake to handle Withdrawal.
- The Shifting Status Effects disaster will keep your addiction in check for the entire level. Use this as an opportunity to stock up on drugs and other items to help you out later.
- Though you are usually fine, you might run into some financial troubles. If you are ever too low on money to buy drugs, you can talk to Vendors and borrow money thanks to Moocher.
- Don't keep your Debt piling up though. Eventually Assassins will appear in levels and try to kill you! You might take some bad damage from them, as they can appear unexpectedly and are capable of performing backstabs.
- The best way to play the Investment Banker is complete levels as quickly as possible. Favor using Sugar and Fast Syringes to speed up missions. Try to teleport as much as possible save time too. For this reason, G-P-Yesss is an extremely useful trait if you can get it.
- Another tip is to upgrade your traits Longer Status Effects and Shrewd Negotiator.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Got any cash? No reason, I'd just rather I have it than you." (General Chat)
- "Money can't buy happiness, but it also can't buy clouds. Profound thoughts!"
- "My Uncle Denny told me to invest in gas. Then he farted on me."
- "I made a very large bet on you dying via accidental Cyanide Pill ingestion." (General Chat at the Home base)