The Mobster is unlocked by paying off an NPC Mobster to rig the Mayoral Election.
NPC[edit | edit source]
In the Downtown levels, Mobsters will spawn in small groups. they will slowly walk around, following each other. Groups will merge if they find each other. If they see you, there is a chance they will approach you and demand money. Running away or refusing to pay will make them hostile.
Should a player be using the Assassin mobsters may appear on the lower floors protecting that player's target. If they are acting as bodyguards they will not shake down the players for money even after their target has died and they begin to roam the map.
In the Uptown levels, Mobsters are mostly seen inside apartments or idly walking through the streets.
You can pay a Mobster $500 to increase the Electability score of the city by 2. This still applies to Mobsters serving as bodyguards to Assassin targets on the lower levels if the player can acquire the money that early on.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Tips and Strategies[edit | edit source]
- How to fight: While the mobster is strong individually, having a large following will certainly help you in the long run. Make sure to give your followers effective weapons and to top their health off.
- How to finish a mission: In most circumstances you can simply use Extortionist and Mugger, in others you will need to use brute force or well-laid plans.
- Recommended traits: No In-Fighting, Share the Health, Loneliness Killer and Army of Five are exceptionally good perks if you are focusing on your followers. Bullet modifiers, such as Big Bullets, are great choices as well. Safe in Crowds and Confident in Crowds are excellent choices if you have a large following.
- Supercops will spawn (even in Park) if you don't pay your debt, unless you are confident in your abilities, pay off your debt as soon as the level starts.
- It's better to shakedown smaller establishments such as banks, rather than more protective ones such as fire stations.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Hand over your cash, if you please." (Mugging the player)
- "Respect is earned, not eaten.. I think that's the quote." (General Chat)
- "We run this city!... Please don't tell the mayor I said that."
- "Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family. Meatballs make you fart."
- "I once shot a man for looking at my spaghetti the wrong way."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mobster became playable in Version 85.
- Unlocking the Mobster gives you an Achievement with the Mobster wielding an Sledgehammer in the image, However the Mobster starts with a Baseball Bat.